Friday 6 November 2015

Cold Turkey

I emptied my heart for you so that you could fill it with your being and love. You didn't.

At times we are there for people so much that it becomes a thing. But who's there for us?

I hate these dangerous thoughts.

I'm not at liberty to stop and examine my feelings. They will drown me.

I have no business being anywhere without you.

You infected me like a virus. The worst there is. And I need to rid myself of you. I need to wean myself of you. And I've tried, Lord knows I have tried.

So cold turkey it is.

I will not think of you, even as I think of you.
I will not dream of you, even as you haunt my dreams.
I will not speak of you, even though your name escapes with every breath I let escape from these lips...that you loved to kiss...

"...I'm giving it my all..but I am not the guy you're taking home.'

Goodbye and Good night.... You enthralling being.

No comments:

Post a Comment