Tuesday 19 January 2016

The Sigh


A short breath escapes from my lips
a millisecond calm ensues until the reason for the sigh returns,
The sigh escapes, and flies from my life, 


...trembles in the air, vibrates on the sky line,
filling a void with sadness, mixing with the rain to chill it and me, 

straight to the bone.


This sigh returns and engulfs me,
colder than when it left,
filling an empty heart with its cold, 
freezing my brain and rendering me hopeless,
weak, tired, with no energy to smile,
no energy to write,
this sigh has changed me.



Trembling, wistful, nostalgic,
this sigh carries all these,
it seems as if when the sigh escaped,
it traveled all over the world,
to the depths of Hades where despair reigns,
and brought it all back to me,
giving hell brief reprieve and I like Hercules, 


holding the world's despair on my shoulders,
this sigh makes my heart heavy.



This is the sigh that escaped when I saw the love fade from your eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment